Student Services

Frequently Asked Questions

View and learn more about common questions asked by international students.

General Robertson Global

Does Robertson Global provide student housing?

We do not directly provide student housing. However, there are many affordable individual and family housing options available within a short distance of our campuses.

Please visit our student accommodations page for more information.

Will I receive health insurance?

Health insurance is mandatory for all international students. As an international student studying in Canada, you may be eligible for provincial health insurance. All students who are ineligible to enroll in provincial healthcare plans must enroll in the Study Insured insurance plan through Robertson College.

Learn more about student health insurance here.

Are there international student activities on Robertson Global campuses?

Yes. There are several activities and cultural events that our student experience team puts on throughout the year.

International Student Applications

Who should I contact if I have any concerns about my application?

Before submitting your application, you can contact

If you are applying through an authorized agent, please contact them before directly contacting the college.

After submitting the application, please follow up with (email address)

Can I apply online?

Yes. Please visit (Link) You should be prepared to upload all of your documents such as transcript, English test scores, passport page and study permit (if you already have one).

How long will it take for Robertson to process my international student application?

Typically, if a complete international application is received, including all supporting documentation, the application will be processed in 5-10 business days.

If I change my mind on what program I want to apply for, do I need to submit a new application?

Once the application is processed, you will need to re-apply for the next available intake to change the program.

What happens to my tuition deposit if I am denied my study permit?

You must present a documented visa denial and a written request within 4 weeks of the study permit refusal date to receive a full refund of the deposit. An administrative fee of $200 will be charged at the time of refund. Please refer to the tuition policy.

Do I need to have my transcripts translated into English?

Yes. Official English translations must accompany any original document that is not in English.

I do not have the required original documents. Can I provide a copy instead?

No. You must submit original documents. Photocopies or scans will not be accepted.

If my TOEFL or IELTS score is not high enough, can I apply for an English language course and, when my English reaches the required level, be accepted into another program?

Each program and partnership at Robertson College may have different exams to fulfill the English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirement. It's important to check if you can meet these requirements through one of the accepted exams of your program of interest.

We offer a direct English pathway, which you can find out more about at Newtone Language School. Upon completing IAE4 in Manitoba or IAE5 in Alberta, you will be eligible for acceptance into one of our programs.

For detailed information on accepted English pathways and specific program requirements, please click here or email us at with the program you're interested in.

Tuition, Payments and Scholarships

What is the due date for my next payment?

For information regarding your payment deadlines,  please refer to the following links based on your campus location:



What is my remaining amount?

Please visit the Student Portal to review the payment history and download the receipts from the My Account Summary section for records.

What are different payment methods available?

For information regarding the available payment methods,  please  please refer to the following links based on your campus location:



What happens if I miss a payment deadline?

Please be aware that different programs at Robertson College have specific payment deadlines. It is crucial to meet these deadlines to secure your seat in the program. Unless advised otherwise by our admissions/applications team, you are expected to make payments as instructed.

If you fail to pay the deposit fee by the deadline, your application may be subject to cancellation. Additionally, not meeting the subsequent payment deadlines could result in the loss of your seat in the program.

For more detailed information on program fees and payment procedures, we encourage you to visit Tuition Fees and Payments Winnipeg and Tuition Fee and Payments Global Alberta.

What do I do if the student portal is not working properly?

In case you are not able to make a payment through the portal, you can send an email to / based on your campus attaching the screenshot of the error. The finance team will get in touch with you as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can explore other available payment methods to ensure timely payment.

What is the refund processing time?

It usually takes between six to eight weeks to process a refund after the complete withdrawal package is received. For more information about refunds, please visit Tuition Refund Policy Global MB and Tuition Refund Policy Global AB based on your campus.

Immigration, Visas & Study Permits

What is the DLI number of the Red Deer Polytechnics program at Robertson?

Red Deer Polytechnic at Robertson students are officially enrolled in the Red Deer Polytechnic programs and use the Red Deer Polytechnic DLI number for your visa-related documents.

Can you do anything to speed up the process so I get my Study Permit/Visa right away?

Visas and Study Permits are administered by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Unfortunately, it is not possible to expedite applications to IRCC. If your application has already exceeded the normal processing times, you may request an update on your application by submitting an IRCC webform.

I want to change my school to Red Deer Polytechnic at Robertson. What should I do?

If you are in Canada with a valid study permit, you can change the DLI number on the IRCC website. Visit the following link for instructions. You may refer to the Change DLI section on this website for details.

If you are currently outside of Canada and your study permit application is still processing and has not yet been approved, you can submit your letter of admission from Red Deer Polytechnic at Robertson via the IRCC Web form. However, if your study permit application has already been approved, you should submit a new study permit application with your letter of admission from Red Deer Polytechnic.

Can my spouse work in Canada while I study?

Your spouse or common-law partner may apply for a Work Permit if you are a full-time student at an authorized institution and have a valid study permit. For more details visit the Government of Canada website.

Can I apply for my Study Permit and TRV/Entry Visa at the same time?

If you are applying for a Study Permit outside of Canada, your TRV is included in the same application and you are exempt from paying the TRV application fee. If you are applying to extend your Study Permit inside Canada, you will have to wait to receive the new Study Permit before you apply for your new TRV.

I applied to extend my study permit before the expiration date, but I still have not received my permit and my semester starts next week. Can I keep my studies in Canada?

Yes, once you have applied to extend your study permit before its expiry date, you are still considered a temporary resident of Canada even after the expiry date of your study permit. This is called maintained status (implied status). You may continue to stay and study until you receive a response from IRCC as long as you remain in Canada and continue to meet the conditions of your study permit.

What Should I Do If my Student Permit is Expired?

Once your permit expires, you will be ‘out of status’ in Canada. You will need to restore your study permit within 90 days of the expiry date. More about restoring your study permit is found here. You cannot study until your study permit is restored.

My study permit expires shortly after my final term. Do I need to renew it?

It is Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC)’s usual practice to allow an additional 90-day window from the program end date. We recommend that you apply for renewal to have a study permit that is valid for at least 90 days after the end of your final term. This gives you time to get the required documents and to apply to extend your Post-Graduation Work Permit.

Should I hire a lawyer or consultant for my immigration application?

Many students prepare their own study and work permit applications. IRCC’s online system is easy to use. If you decide to hire someone to do an immigration application for you, make sure they are an Authorized Representative, such as a lawyer or Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant. An Authorized Representative will always ask you to sign an IMM 5476 Use of Representative form to include with your application. Using an unauthorized or undeclared representative is illegal and may lead to a refusal of your application.

Applications prepared by Authorized Representatives don’t get faster processing times or other preferential treatment from IRCC. Learn more about Authorized Representatives from the IRCC’s website.

Post-Graduate Work Permits

Are Robertson Global programs eligible for Post-Graduate Work Permits?

No. Our programs are not eligible for Post-Graduate Work Permits if you start your studies after May 15th, 2024. However, Robertson graduates may apply for a closed work permit through Strategic Initiative - MPNP by doing an eligible course.  Please visit the FAQ page on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website.

How long will my PGWP be?

It depends on the length of your studies in Canada. Please visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website.

Can I apply for a Post Graduation Work Permit when I don’t have a job secured?

Yes. You can apply if you are unemployed. Ensure you submit the PGWP application within 180 days of receiving the Confirmation of Completion letter. Graduates who applied for a PGWP in Canada before the expiry of their study permit are eligible to work full-time without a work permit while waiting for a decision on their application. Please note that Robertson programs are not eligible for PGWP

How to Apply

Step 1: Choose a program

Discover our programs and choose a program you are passionate about. Make sure you have a good understanding of the program and its career possibilities. We encourage you to choose a program you will enjoy and can be successful in, as it is very unlikely you could transfer programs after you arrive.

Explore Programs

Step 2: Review the program admission requirements and application deadlines

Please review all of the program's academic requirements and English Language requirements before you apply. Submit your application online through the application portal before the published deadline.

Application Portal

Step 3: The Admission Team will review your application

Once we receive the application through the online portal, your application will be reviewed by the admissions team. A decision will be emailed to you in approximately 5-10 business days.

Step 4: Receive an Offer of Admission

If you meet all the requirements and there is an available seat in the next intake date of the program, the admission team will send you an Offer of Admission for the program that you applied to. If you meet all the requirements but there currently isn’t a seat available, you will be placed on a waitlist. Please read the information about waitlists at the bottom of this page.

Step 5: Pay your Tuition Deposit

After you receive the offer of admission, to accept the seat, you will need to pay the non-refundable tuition deposit noted in your offer of admission by the deadline prior to receiving your Letter of Acceptance.

Step 6: Receive your Letter of Acceptance

Once we receive the tuition deposit we will send you the Letter of Acceptance within 10 business days.

Step 7: Apply for a Study Permit

Use your Letter of Acceptance as proof to. You are responsible for ensuring your study permit is valid at all times.

Study Permit Application

Step 8: Provide official documentation to Robertson for final verification

All documentation used to support your admission into the program, such as secondary (high school) and/or post-secondary transcripts, must be provided to the Office of the Registrar eight weeks prior to the start date of the program in one of the following methods:

Option 1:
Documents mailed from the issuing institution directly to Robertson. Official documents must be final and sent directly from the issuing institution to the correct campus.

  • In Winnipeg - 180 Main St. Winnipeg, MB R3C 1A6
  • In Calgary - 100-2912 Memorial Dr. Calgary, AB T2A 6R1
  • In Edmonton - 10010 100 St. NW Edmonton, AB T5J 0N3

Option 2:
Bring an official transcript with you to Robertson in an envelope sealed by the issuing Institution. Transcripts received in any other format will not be accepted as official.

Option 3:
Issuing institutions can email official transcripts directly to Robertson Global:

A note about our waitlist

If there are more qualified applicants than the program capacity, you may be put on a waitlist.

  • If a seat becomes available, we offer the seat to waitlisted applicants in order of the date they applied.
  • If a seat does not become available for your program, you will be given the opportunity to have your application moved forward to the next program intake date unless you cancel your application.

Application Prep

Original Document Requirement

You will need to provide certain documents to qualify to enroll at Robertson College once your application is approved.  You will need to deliver these documents in person or mail your original documents (hard copies) via courier to Robertson College located at 180 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB, R3C 1A6, Canada. Office hours are 8 AM - 5 PM, Monday through Friday.

The required documents are specific to each program and must be provided by all international students, with no possible exceptions.

Required documents if you will be taking a certificate program (Accounting Technician, E-Commerce Professional, and Logistics & Supply Chain Management):

  • Original high school certificate
  • Original high school transcript (mark sheet/ grades)

Required documents if you will be taking an advanced diploma program (Human Resources, Data Analyst, and Marketing):

  • Original post-secondary certificate
  • Original post-secondary transcript (mark sheet/ grades)

Additional Documents Request (only if you attended classes in person or online in Canada)

Your Student Support Specialist will reach out to you by email to ask you whether you have attended classes in person or online at any other Canadian institution prior to Roberson. If so, you will need to provide your Final Official Transcript with no courses listed as ‘in progress’ or ‘ongoing’.

Provide your Canadian address and emergency contact details

Update your address and emergency contact details by following these steps:

  • Access your “Student Portal
  • Click the bell icon in the upper-right corner, then select “My Account
  • Find “Address Information” and click it / Find “Emergency Contact” and click it
  • Edit and update your address / edit and update your emergency contact
  • Click “Save” to confirm the changes